Friday 22 July 2016

Fred Penner Magic ♥


Fred Penner @ The Children's Festival
Where: St. Albert
Date: June 4, 2016


I can not even begin to express how excited I was for this and for the chance to take Anna to see him perform. I remember him from my own childhood with such fondness and can still sing all the songs. He began strumming his guitar and I literally had to bite my lip to focus so I wouldn't burst into happy tears. He sang some of my favorites: The Cat Came Back, It's Ain't Gonna Rain, The Bump, Celebrate Being and he closed with You are my Sunshine. That one got me, I couldn't keep my emotions in check any longer and I cried from pure joy and respect. 

After the show we went and stood in line for a photo op. I shook his hand and said thank you for making music... almost lost it again but I managed to keep my emotions in check. He and his music truly are magical! 




No comments: