Monday 27 April 2015

Mother's Day Gifts: for the gardener

Mother's Day is just around the corner and I have a huge itch to buy garden supplies and get planting. I thought it was a perfect excuse to create a bunch of gifts for the gardener in our life. Today I am sharing one of the gift "pots" I put together and with the exception of Tuesday I will be sharing one each day with you. If you have a gardener in your life these will all make lovely Mother's Day gifts. 



To keep my costs down I purchased the majority of my supplies at Dollarama. They have an impressive selection of garden supplies and the highest priced items will only be $3. I also picked up some supplies at Home Depot an Canadian Tire. 

To create this gift pot you will need:
- Plant pot- stuff the bottom with tissue paper (Dollarama)
- decorative bird house* (Dollarama)
- garden gloves (Dollarama)
- assorted seeds (Home Depot)
- plant (this is a sunflower Anna started from a kit purchased at Canadian Tire)

*I have purchased a bunch of these decorative bird houses and am going to spray paint them various colors and hang them throughout our front tree. How adorable and colorful! So excited.

3 comments:

Lisa Kercher said...

This is such a smart idea! P.S. I totally came here because of your post on Pinterest. Social Media At Work!!

Kathleen Ruelling said...

I love, love, love the idea of the birdhouses in the tree. I may have to steal that idea from you, penpal.
I had red Christmas balls hanging there all winter and it delighted me, but I couldn't think (or haven't taken the time to think) what to do for spring/summer.
K

Kathleen Ruelling said...

I love, love, love the idea of the birdhouses in the tree. I may have to steal that idea from you, penpal.
I had red Christmas balls hanging there all winter and it delighted me, but I couldn't think (or haven't taken the time to think) what to do for spring/summer.
K