Monday 9 February 2015

Valentine Cakes that says "I Love You"

I made these little goodies for a party I hosted at work two Saturdays ago and they were a huge hit! In fact I felt a little famous when everyone rushed me to take a photo of the cakes all set out on a heart tray. The theme of the party- "For the Love of" and I got to make and decorate for Valentine's Day so I was pretty much blissed out. In case you missed it- I LOVE Valentine's Day. I also love cake. And whip cream. And Strawberries. Needless to say- these are delicious! 

You Had Me At Chocolate
Chocolate Cake Mix
Whip Cream
Strawberries
Heart Donut Pan 

Make the batter as directed, cook until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Fill the donut hole with whip and top with a strawberry.
Easy peasy. 
Get a napkin & Devour! 

*a regular muffin/cupcake pan would also work, just fill 1/4 -1/2 full. Cook until toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Dig a small hole in center of cupcake and add whip & strawberry.

These are much the same but for this chocolate treat I used a mini heart cake/muffin pan I found at Dollorama for $3 and made sandwiches. For my little party I topped the cake with strawberries instead of the chocolate kisses seen here and it was obviously delicious. 

Love Sandwich
Chocolate Cake Mix
Whip Cream
Chocolate Kisses (or strawberries)
Heart cake/muffin Pan (purchased at Dollarama)

Make the batter as directed, cook until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Cut each cake in half, add whip to bottom cake and replace top portion, effectively making a whip cream sandwich. Mmmmm. Top cake with more whip and add your chocolate kiss.
Get two napkins and devour.

*a regular cupcake/muffin pan can also be used here. Same directions as above. 





No comments: