Tuesday 3 December 2013

Welcome Back Earl!

 It is no secret around here- I LOVE Christmas!All the big & little traditions that make this holiday season so magical! It really just makes my heart so happy and there is nothing better than feeling the excited energy surround me, seeing Anna's face light up and being reminded of being a child.

For the second year now our dear friend Earl came back from the North Pole to live with us. This year he brought a letter from Santa and is helping deliver our Christmas book countdown. Each day Earl brings a number card corresponding with the date so that Anna can match up that number with her chocolate advent and her book countdown. Opportunities for learning- thank you Earl.


It took a minute but this face pretty much sums up how 
she felt when she noticed Earl for the first time.

A letter from Santa... "Look, look, look, it's from Santa!!!! It's from Santa!!!"




1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Dude and Russ are not as interested in Christmas as I am, so it's hard for me to get too excited about the holidays. But this year, I am trying to remember to do things for myself, that I enjoy instead of trying to impress them and convince them to join me. And also do things that may not be Christmasey, but that they enjoy. It's a tough balance to find. Genius idea with Earl!